The 2022 – 2023 school year marks the start of the new FAST progress monitoring testing in the state of Florida. In preparation for the new testing, a group of our Shoelace Learning summer teachers and curriculum specialists worked diligently to create FAST ELA test prep for educators and players using Dreamscape.
Along with researching Florida’s B.E.S.T standards, our educators also reviewed released test items and analyzed question formatting to produce authentic assessments reflective of the well anticipated FAST progress monitoring tests.
Test Prep Structure
In line with the new testing format, our education specialists, in collaboration with our product team, designed three progress monitoring test preps, per grade level, for grade 3 – 6 to assist teachers in monitoring student progress in English Language Arts skills.
The test preps, labeled PM1, PM2, and PM3 increase in difficulty, respectively. Similar to the actual progress monitoring test, our test prep are made up entirely of multiple choice questions and delivered digitally through a question window interface. Furthermore, these test preps can be used at the beginning, middle and end of the school year just before the actual test or as you, the educator, see fit.
5 Reasons to Use Dreamscape for Test Prep
1. Students Love It. Our test prep assignments are delivered to students directly though our base-building game, Dreamscape, making them ideal for STEALTH assessments. This format reduces testing anxiety and allows players to remain engaged while they prepare for the upcoming testing.
2. Detailed Reports. Progress reports are updated after a player answers each question within the test. With these real-time reports, you can quickly collect formative data to identify areas of improvement for individuals and your whole class.
3. No-Prep Additional Practice. An added benefit to assigning test prep in Dreamscape is that you can easily assign additional skill practice after reviewing your students’ test prep performance. Simply navigate to the assignment tool in your dashboard and create an assignment based on the skills or genres your players need more help with.
4. Leveled Test Prep. Our test prep ranges from grade 3 – 6. If you or your colleagues teach multiple grade levels, have students on IEPs, or have students who may not be at grade level, you can assign the appropriate test for individual players.
5. Accessible Anywhere. Our test prep can be scheduled and assigned for in-class completion or at home for additional practice. Additionally, your entire class can enjoy our test prep by using it along with our Class Missions feature.
Our new FAST Progress Monitoring ELA test prep assessments, starting with PM1, are now available in the educator dashboards. Our goal is to give students a fun, stress-free way to prepare for these assessments. Furthermore, we aim to support educators by providing reliable, no-prep resources that help to make them the heroes of their classroom.
Visit your educator dashboard to launch a test or learn more about the skills and state standards aligned to each test.
If you don’t yet have an account, sign up here to get started.
If you have a colleague, administrator or friend who may benefit from this resource, please share this blog with them.
comments for this post are closed